Terms and Conditions
1. PACKAGES AND MAIL (a) Packages and Mail can be sent to your JetEx Box via: (i) US Postal Service (ii) International Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, DHL etc.) (iii) Personal deliveries by suppliers, friends or family. (b) Customers must ensure that the correct address and ‘c/o JetEx’ is clearly marked on all packages and mail to avoid any delay in delivery. (c) C.O.D. shipments to your JetEx Box will not be accepted unless prior arrangements are made with Management. (d) Two customers may share a JetEx Box but delivery will be made to only one address.
2. RESTRICTED PACKAGES Most consumer and commercial products can be sent via your JetEx Box except for the following: (a) Firearms (b) Narcotics (c) Pornography (d) Cash (e) Animal skins (f) Jewelry (g) Perishables N.B. Hazardous Materials can only be sent with prior Management knowledge since HazMat documentation must accompany the shipment. A HazMat Documentation Fee will apply.
3. WEIGHT AND PACKAGE INFORMATION (a) Charges are calculated according to the greater of the actual or volumetric weight. Volumetric weight is calculated in inches using the following formula: (Length x Width x Height) / 166. (b) Maximum weight allowed for JetEx Box is 150lbs per piece and JetEx Courier is 70lbs per piece; unlimited pieces. (c) Upon request, packages arriving in large boxes can be repacked into smaller boxes. This will save you money on the shipping charges. A Repacking Fee will apply.
4. DUTIABLE SHIPMENTS (a) A commercial invoice must accompany all non-document shipments. (b) A Duty Fee will apply to any shipments where Duty & VAT must be paid in advance to Customs. (c) A formal trade entry must be made for any shipments valued at TT$6000 and over. A Brokerage Fee will apply. (d) Delays may be caused due to a lack of proper documentation. The General Aviation Services will charge rent for any packages left in the Courier Bond for over 2 days. (e) Dutiable shipments are strictly C.O.D. 12
5. JUNK MAIL The US Postal Service delivers a lot of unsolicited mail to US addresses. Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. can not sort your mail to determine what is junk from what is not. Any mail or packages addressed to you will be delivered to you. In order to diminish junk mail coming into your JetEx Box you can opt out of mailing lists from your suppliers and websites that you frequent.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (a) Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. will not be liable for any loss or damage to any mail or packages. It is advised to insure any valuable packages. (b) Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. will not be liable for any consequential loss due to lost, damaged, destroyed or undelivered mail and packages.
7. PROHIBITED USES (a) The JetEx Box address is the property of Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. and is to be used solely for the purpose of receiving and forwarding mail and packages. (b) The JetEx Box address shall not be used for the purpose of registering companies in the USA. (c) The JetEx Box address shall only be used for lawful purposes.
8. MEMBERSHIP (a) All charges will be the sole responsibility of the registered customer. (b) A notification must be sent in writing of any local change of address. (c) If your account is in arrears, no further deliveries will be made until payment is made. (d) Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time. (e) Subscription Fees are non-refundable. (f) Mail and packages that are undeliverable or unclaimed after 4 weeks will be destroyed.
9. CHANGE OF ADDRESS Jet Express (Trinidad) Ltd. may have to occasionally change locations to facilitate growth. In such an event, one month’s notice will be given and change of address forms can be mailed on your behalf. However, it will be your responsibility to ensure your suppliers and vendors are aware of your new address.
10. RATES Rates are subject to change without notice as external forces such as increases in airline fuel costs and security surcharges will have a direct impact on freight charges. However we will make every effort to inform you of these rate changes in advance.